Video on the Internet is the future.
It already plays a major part in the Internet of today (YouTube is the world’s 2nd largest search engine) and it’s impact will continue to increase more and more.
A recent report by Cisco proclaims that 60% of all Internet traffic is currently video – but by 2016, that number is expected to rise to an astounding 90%!
So if you’re not leveraging video for you and/or your business, now is the perfect time to start.
It’s more compelling and engaging than any other media, and that’s because video connects you to your audience.
And connecting is what it’s all about.
- 52% of consumers say product videos help them to make a purchase decision
- Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy from you
- Web sites with video sell 45% more
And video is not only good for business, it’s good for your search engine results (SEO) – and we’re talking Google search results.
Did you know that if your web site contains video, you are 53X more likely to appear on the first page of Google’s search results? That’s a huge advantage you can have over your competition, just by including video as part of your online marketing strategy.
Video Marketing at Your Fingertips
With the introduction of smartphones and tablets, the world of video is no longer a skill and service that can only be created by professionals. You and I now have the power to shoot, edit, distribute and market our own videos to the world.
Why else do you think an astounding 6 billion hours of video is watched every month on YouTube? It’s because the average Joe (you and me) now has the power of video in our hands, and at our fingertips.
Are you leveraging video for you and your personal brand?
If not, why not?
The Benefits of Using Video
In case you need additional convincing on the true power of video, consider:
- Video helps generate increased web traffic
- Video allows you to reach a much bigger audience
- Video helps you build a bigger list and fan base, fast
- Video increases sales and conversations
- Video helps you stand out and makes you more memorable
So are you now convinced video must be a part of your personal branding strategy? Then here are the 5 easy steps you need to do to get started:
- Shoot your video – iPhone, Digital Camera, DSLR
- Upload your video – YouTube, Vimeo
- Share your video – Social Media
- Promote your video – Email, Social Media
- Measure – Google Analytics, YouTube Analytics
So get out there, and start shooting your video today!